In the game of rummy, there’s nothing more humiliating than being acash player who faces defeat continually. If that’s the case with you, then it’s quite obvious thatyou may ponder in your free hours – “How to get over your competitors and become a pro rummy player?” Fear not, as we’ve got your back!Here’re fiveuniversal tips that you can employ in your game to become a pro player. Let’s get started!
- Manipulate Other Players – The best way to win over your opponent is to avoid giving any clue to them. Remember, each time you pick a card from the open deck, you may leave a clue to your rival player that what formations are you trying to make. What you can do is that if you’ve repetitive cards in your hand, discard it, as that will somehow confuse them.
- Learn to Lesson Your Points at the Earliest-Rummy, the game of skill is entirely based on the points system. So, if winning a particular game seems impossible, ensure to lessen your points. Also, focus more on discarding high-value cards such as J, Q,K,& A. However, in the sequence of doing so, don’t forget to form correct sequences and/or sets. This will not affect your score, even if your opponent declares the game.
- Know When to Quit – It’s not always mandatory that if you have joined the tables to play rummy, you ought to stay till the end and declare the game. If cards dealt at the start seems of no use to form proper sequences and/or sets, proceed to drop the game right away. Doing so, the game will cost you less, i.e., you will lose 20 (First Drop) and 40 (Middle Drop) points.
- Evaluate Your Cards Start to End – Firstly, you shouldn’t hang on with a particular card to form a sequence, as that won’t make a big difference to your game. Also, re-arranging your cards and analysing at the start of the game won’t completely help you. Evaluate your cards from the start and then rework on it till the time, the game is ON.
- Pay Attention to Your Opponent’s Moves– Whenever you play rummy, make sure to have a close eye on your opponent’s moves. That’s not it!While observing the cards picked and discarded by your opponents, discard a card that is close to your opponent’s discarded card. This will lessen their chance to pick that card from the open pile.
Now that you know how you can use these tips to optimise your skills, why not get started? However, one thing that you need to keep in mind is that you won’t be able to implement these tips in one day. With constant practice, you can come on the track. So, play more games to upgrade your rummy skills and stand out in the game. For the best gaming experience, switch to Rummy Passion mobile app!